Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dayton losing NCR... Jobs moving to Atlanta

The writing has been on the walls for awhile. Still I am so saddened to see this "Dayton" icon leave town.

It appears that our community did not fight hard enough to keep this company here! Dayton, which historically is one of the most innovative and entrepreneurial cities in the United States, is slowly turning into a ghost town.

What can we do to turn things around? I am still pondering this myself... For the time being, I will turn off the news, stay focused on what I can do on a daily basis, and have hope for the future. This is certainly not the first time that Dayton has been hit below the belt; unfortunately, it will not be the last either.

Daytonians, let us pull together, and bring back the community spirit needed to move forward!

No comments: